- "A framework for examining the impact of bio fuels on the poor in Brazil." nergy Bio Fuels and Development: Comparing Brazil and the U.S. . Oxford: Routledge, 2011.
- "A report card for Lula: Progress in education." Brazil Under Lula. . Palgrave, 2009.
- "xploring Latina/o migrants' adaptation to the economic crisis in the U.S. heartland: A capability approach." Journal of Human Development and Capabilities (2012):
- "Biofuels and global poverty." Swords and Ploughshares 17.2 (2009):
- Arends-Kuenning, Mary. "Financial practices of Latino immigrants in a Midwest city: lessons for consumer educators." The Journal of Consumer Education 25 (2008): 32-45.
- Arends-Kuenning, Mary. "Household bargaining power and agricultrual supply response; Evidence from Ethiopian coffee growers." World Development 35.7 (2007): 1204-1220.
- Arends-Kuenning, Mary. "The Impact of Demand Factors, Quality of Care, and Access to Facilities on Contraceptive Use in Tanzania." Journal of Biosocial Science 39.1 (2007): 1-26.
- Arends-Kuenning, Mary. "The Balance of Care: Trends in the Wages and Employment of Immigrant Nurses in the U.S. between 1990 and 2000." Globalizations 3.3 (2006): 333-348.
- Arends-Kuenning, Mary. "The Effects of Parental Presence, Parents' Education, and Houshold Headship on children's Schooling and Work in Latin America." Journal of Family and Economic Issues 27.2 (2006): 263-286.